Group Travel Registration
Global Operations is happy to help with group travel registrations. We can accommodate a group travel registration of the following applies to your group:
- More than 5 travelers in the same group
- The group travels together at all times, same itinerary, same departure/arrival and return dates
- The group stays in the same accommodation
- There is a designated emergency contact for the group, i.e. group leader
In order to facilitate a group travel registration, it is the responsibility of the trip leader to collect the Tufts Usernames/UTLNs (i.e. jsmith01) from all participants. This is needed for the registration and Global Operations cannot proceed without this information.
Please use the dedicated file format to collect the information. You will be asked to upload this as part of your group travel registration request.
Group Travel. Participants UTLNs.xlsx
Group Leaders: Please check if your travel is subject to university review by the Tufts International Travel Review Committee (ITRC).
There are two instances in which your travel is subject to university review:
- You are traveling to a country that is subject to a DOS Travel Advisory rating of Level 3 ("Reconsider Travel") or Level 4 ("Do not travel")
- You are traveling to a region/area/city within a country that is subject to a DOS Travel Advisory rating of Level 3 ("Reconsider Travel") or Level 4 ("Do not travel")
Traveling to a country not subject to a DOS Country Travel Advisory Level 3 or 4 or to a country with a regional advisory? Then submit a Group Travel Registration.
If determined that your travel is going to any regions that are designated as high risk or if you have submitted a request for a country with an overall level of 3 or 4, please note that you will have to submit for travel review.
Traveling to a country with an overall DOS Country Travel Advisory Level 3 or 4? Then submit a Request for Group Travel Review.
Learn more about Group Travel Review (highly recommended before starting a review)
Overview of Process for Group Travel
Questions? Please contact us!
Program Manager, Global Operations